Stuffed Cabbage is a great recipe all around, and something different you can make while doing your Standard Process Cleanse.
This will turn out like a stew.
- 1 small head cabbage sliced
- sweet onion
- crushed red pepper
- 1 medium can tomato sauce
- brown rice
- chicken broth
- ground turkey or ground beef
In a large pot (I usually use my large pasta pot) saute onion and garlic with olive oil. When onions are almost translucent add in crushed red pepper. I prefer to use ground turkey because it is more lean. Once the onions are translucent add in the ground turkey. Cook until browned. If you are using ground beef drain off some of the fat before you continue.
DO NOT STIR AFTER YOU ADD IN THE NEXT INGREDIENTS.
- Add brown rice (I usually use a cup and a half). Add in enough chicken broth to cook rice + a little bit more. Add in tomato sauce
COOK ON LOW
- On top of the all of this add in the cabbage. Do not separate it & do not stir it. Put a lid on the pot and cook until the rice is done. If you stir the cabbage into the mixture to soon it will be over cooked.
This is delicious with parmesan cheese if you can have it.