What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture treatment and Traditional Chinese Medicine are thousands of years old and is still the primary medicine of China. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a complete medical system for diagnosis and treatment. The individual is seen as an integrated whole. Every part, process, thought, and emotion within the individual is considered in terms of its contribution to the healthy functioning of the whole person. Each disease and disorder is not seen as an isolated event but as an outward manifestation of the person as a whole being out of balance. Acupuncture is able to influence health and sickness by stimulating meridians or, “energy pathways” along the body. These “energy pathways” are stimulated using single use needles that are as thin as a hair. The goal of acupuncture is to put your body into a state that allows it to heal itself.
Looking for a way to experience acupuncture for the first time without any of the obligation? Join us for our auricular “Acupuncture & Reiki Happy Hour” offered once a month.
NOTE: For patients uncomfortable with needles we offer acupressure.
What can acupuncture treat?
According to the CDC or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Musculoskeletal Conditions: Arthritis, back pain, muscle cramping, muscle pain/weakness, neck pain, sciatica pain
- Neurological Conditions: headaches, neurogenic bladder dysfunction, postoperative pain and strokes
- Digestive Conditions: Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, hyperacidity and indigestion
- Emotional Conditions: Anxiety, depression, insomnia, nervousness and neurosis
- Eye- Ear-Nose-Throat Conditions: Cataracts, gingivitis, poor vision, tinnitus and toothache
- Gynecological Conditions: Infertility, menopausal symptoms, and premenstrual syndrome
- Respiratory Conditions: Asthma, bronchitis, common cold, sinusitis, smoking cessation and tonsillitis
- Miscellaneous Conditions: Addiction control, athletic performance, blood pressure regulation, chronic fatigue, immune system tonification and STRESS REDUCTION!
Preparing for your first treatment:
New Patients: During this 90 minutes session you and your acupuncturist will discuss your past medical history, and the current reasons for your visit. This is the perfect time for you to ask questions and get to know your practitioner! After your initial consultation and symptoms are identified the practitioner will then:
- Explain your symptoms in terms of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Discuss a treatment plan
- Answer any questions
- Receive acupuncture treatment
Repeat Sessions: A 60-minute healing session
- Discuss current symptoms
- Recommend herbal supplements (if applicable)
- Recommend dietary changes based on your Chinese Medicine pattern
- Receive acupuncture treatment
Let the healing begin!
The massage tables are heated to make for the most calming treatments possible. Allow yourself to relax and drift away while the treatment does its work. We pride ourselves in offering a safe and clean space in which to heal and grow. Visit our acupuncture clinic in Chicago or Arlington Heights location. Schedule your first appointment today!
*To learn more about acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, visit our blog.