Zucchini Chickpea Burgers
This vegan and gluten-free recipe is filled with healthy ingredients to boost the skin and overall health!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion
- 1.5 cups of zucchini squeezed dry
- ½ cup of toasted sunflower seeds
- ¾ teaspoons of sea salt
- 1.5 cups of canned chickpeas
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Saute onion and garlic in a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When tender, add zucchini and saute until cooked. Season to preference with salt and pepper.
Grind sunflower seeds, sea salt, pepper until ingredients are coarse crumbs. Add quinoa, chickpeas, dijon mustard, lemon, dill and paprika to mixture. Mix until ingredients are broken up with some texture remaining.
Add zucchini, onion, and garlic to mixture.
Shape into 6 patties and cook on medium heat with olive oil in a pan into golden brown.