What is Reiki?
Reiki is both a way of being and a form of energy healing. For more about the benefits of Reiki, check out our Reiki page, and also see below under Sources/Resources. Reiki can be effective at helping with stress, anxiety, and pain, among other things.
Why Distance or Absentee Healing?
There are as many reasons to choose a distance or absentee healing as there are situations where it is difficult or impossible for the practitioner and the client to be together in the same room. And, sometimes, it’s just more convenient! Those who have enjoyed the experience of in-person Reiki here at CCHW might welcome the option of having a distance Reiki session where they are able to lie down at home and drift off to sleep for the night afterwards.
How Does Distance Healing Work?
Over the years there has been research into whether, and how, distant healing might work. The theory that living creatures share an energetic bond by which they can influence each other’s health is referred to as resonant bonding, a theory which has been elaborated by William Bengston. For additional information about distant healing and the benefits of Reiki, see below under Sources/Resources.
Learning Reiki, “Receiving” Reiki
Anyone can learn or receive Reiki. At Calandra Center for Health & Wellness we teach and practice a form of Reiki taught by Frans Stiene, co-founder of the International House of Reiki. Reiki classes are not just for people who want to become Reiki practitioners or teachers. Reiki can be a form of ongoing personal practice, a way to enhance your own health and well-being. It helps you learn to connect with yourself, which helps you start to view the world and your part in it differently. Reiki opens the way for a calmer, more balanced and centered experience of life’s ups and downs. If you choose to receive Reiki as a distant healing, please refer to this article by Frans Stiene. It captures the idea that there is no “sending” or “receiving,” which aligns with Bengston’s theory of resonant bonding.
Benefits of Reiki
- Healing Research by William Lee Rand
- Effect of Reiki therapy on pain and anxiety in adults: an in-depth literature review of randomized trials with effect size calculations
- The effect of reiki on pain: A meta-analysis.
- Immediate Effects of Reiki on Heart Rate Variability, Cortisol Levels, and Body Temperature
- Distance Healing – In our Heart by Frans Stiene
- Distant Healing Intention Therapies: An Overview of the Scientific Evidence
- Resonance, Placebo Effects, and Type II Errors: Some Implications from Healing Research for Experimental Methods – Discusses theory of resonant bonding
- William Bengston and Energy Healing