Immune-Boosting Protocol for Cold and Flu Season
As we head into Autumn and Winter, AKA “Cold and Flu Season,” we’d like to tell you about this new protocol for boosting your immune system, which can help you prevent or reduce the symptoms of upper respiratory infections. It was developed by Dr. Devi Nambudripad, the founder of Nambundripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET).
“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” - Thomas A. Edison
Important Notes During COVID-19 Pandemic
Follow the current recommendations from medical experts, as well as your local and national public health and governmental authorities, regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. These recommendations include:
- Getting vaccinated (if you are not allergic or have other contraindications)
- Wearing masks in specified situations
- Social distancing and avoiding crowds where social distancing is not possible
- Avoiding non-essential travel
- Getting tested and seeking medical assistance at the first sign of symptoms
The following information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Standard Recommendations for Maintaining a Strong Immune System
Before we get into the NAET Immune Boosting Protocol, let’s review the standard lifestyle and diet recommendations I give my patients for helping to build and maintain a strong, healthy immune system. These are the basic elements:
- Have frequent, light, healthy meals.
- Eat only foods to which you are non-allergic and non-sensitive. Both “allergic” and “sensitive” items can cause inflammation, which can adversely affect your immune system.
- Drink adequate amounts of water.
- Take your vitamins and herbal supplements as recommended by your healthcare professionals.
- Exercise regularly, get out and move, maintain a healthy weight.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
- If you consume alcohol, drink moderately.
- Decrease, to the extent you can, the sources of stress in your life. To help with stress, incorporate different mindfulness practices. Consider scheduling regular sessions of acupuncture, Reiki, EFT, EMDR, NET or other supportive, stress-reducing modalities for yourself.
The Importance of Water for Immune System Health
Water is required for many essential body processes. It makes up 60% of your body weight! Drinking plenty of water helps to flush out the toxic build up in your system. Conversely, if your system is well hydrated, toxicity is not able to build up.
Toxins are eliminated through urination and defecation. Approximately 80% of your immune system is located in your gut. Drinking adequate amounts of water helps you to maintain healthy bowel functions and healthy urination.
How Much Water Should You Drink Every Day?
Most of us do not come anywhere near the amount of water we should be drinking each day. There are many ideas around how much water you should be drinking. A common recommendation is to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another recommendation is to take your weight in pounds and divide it by two, which gives you the amount of water, in ounces, you should be drinking a day. We recommend the weight-based method. It is helpful to purchase a glass water bottle that you can refill throughout the day and that will help you to keep track of how much water you are drinking.
NAET Immune-Boosting Protocol
This protocol is not a substitute for medical attention. If you have symptoms involving your heart or lungs, please do not use this procedure. Go to the doctor or to the hospital. Seek medical attention right away.
There is a saying in TCM that when all of the channels and meridians are strong, and energy is moving through them the way that it should be, pathology cannot exist. The NAET Immune Boosting Protocol helps open up those channels and meridians to allow the energy to move as freely as possible. The idea is that if those channels and meridians are open, then pathology cannot take hold.
For those who experience allergies it can be difficult to determine what is allergy and what is illness.
Doing treatments like this will help to boost your immune system overall, and may also help with some allergy symptoms.
The protocol involves two different procedures. The first procedure – Prophylactic – is for those without any symptoms of illness. The second is for those with Active Symptoms.
Prophylactic Immune-Boosting Protocol
You will need a small glass jar with a lid, without a label on it. You can repurpose a baby food jar or similar-sized small glass food container. Lemon essential oils can help you completely remove the label and adhesive. Clean it thoroughly.
- Collect your first morning saliva in the glass jar. First Morning Saliva- sample taken right when you wake up, before brushing your teeth, or eating/drinking anything. You may want to add saliva after flossing your teeth. Saliva contains different bacteria, viruses, antibodies, and biofilms.
- Hold the jar with saliva in one hand and massage the given acupressure points in the order specified. See the illustration to find the locations of these points. Hold the jar throughout the entire protocol.
- Start and end on the right hand LI 4 (Large Intestine 4). Massage all points clockwise (as if a clock was placed over your body). Massage each point for one minute, in this order:
- Right LI 4
- Right LI11
- Left LI 11
- Left Liv 3
- Right Liv 3
- Right LI 4
- When you are done activating the points, through massage, the points place the jar 6 feet away from you. Sit still for 10 minutes. Do not move around.
Repeat Steps 2– 4 two more times. In other words, do the whole process three times in a row.
Repeat Every Morning
Do the Prophylactic Immune-Boosting Protocol every morning. Keep the clean jar on your nightstand for easy access in the morning. The more days in a row that you are able to do this, the better you will feel. This protocol is very beneficial if you feel like your immune system is dipping, if you have been around a large group of people, if you are traveling, or if you encountered someone who was sick.
Active Symptoms Immune-Boosting Protocol
Follow the instructions for the Prophylactic Immune-Boosting Protocol, Steps 1-3 above. For Step 4, place the jar 6 feet away from you and sit still for 20 minutes.
Repeat the protocol until your symptoms start to get better. Between each round – after Step 4, before repeating Steps 2-4 again – you can drink 4 oz of warm water to help with the detox process. Treating more frequently allows for you to stay ahead of the symptoms.
Rest and avoid contact with others for 48 hours.
For any serious symptoms please go to the hospital.
You can find more information on www.NAET.com.