What is Far-Infrared Therapy?
Far-Infrared (FIR) energy can penetrate the body more deeply than conventional heat sources like heat lamps or conventional heating pads, with less risk of burning the skin. FIR enhances blood circulation in human skin and induces warming in the deeper tissues.
The Richway & Fuji Bio Inc. Biomat 7000mx is a medical device, a special kind of “heating pad,” if you will, for delivering FIR energy to the person lying on it.
The pictures below illustrate the difference between a conventional heating pad and FIR. (Source: Richway & Fuji Bio Inc., the manufacturer of the Biomat)
What are some benefits experienced from using the Biomat 7000mx?
- Temporary increase in blood circulation
- Alleviation of minor joint pain and stiffness
- Alleviation of joint pain associated with arthritis
- Reduction of muscle spasms
- Relaxation of muscles
- Alleviation of minor muscular back pain
- Relief for pain and stiffness of minor sprains and strains
Research on the medical applications for far-infrared radiation (FIR) is still in its infancy, which means that longer-term effects, for example on circulation and pain conditions, have not been robustly documented in peer-reviewed studies. However, many Biomat users feel significant benefit beyond what they have experienced using conventional heat therapies.
What is in the Biomat 7000mx?
The Biomat has 17 layers:
- Surface material: silicon urethane w/ cotton
- Waterproof layer
- Amethyst layer for transferring natural infrared rays
- Hyron cotton layer for thermal insulation
- TOCATM layer made with natural tourmaline gemstones
- Nano Copper fabric layer
- Peach and Grape Seed fiber layer for heat preservation
- Carbon fiber layer for electromagnetic interception
- Copper fabric layer for electromagnetic interception
- Fiberglass layer
- Thermal preservation layer
- Silicon and Teflon reverse currency heating layer with EMF interception
- Nonwoven fabric layer
- Aluminum layer for reflection of infrared rays
- Nonwoven fabric layer for heat preservation
- Thermal protection layer
- Bottom material: high quality cotton with brass pattern
Contraindications for Far-Infrared Therapy
If you’re on medications, have implanted medical devices, or have a medical condition, we recommend that you consult your physician or primary care provider before using the Biomat 7000mx.
Some specific contraindications for Far-Infrared (FIR) therapy in the context of FIR saunas are discussed in this article, and may apply to the use of the Biomat 7000mx as well.
Reference: Are Infrared Saunas Safe? Healthline.com (2020)
Research on Far-Infrared Therapy
For New and Returning Clients
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or if you are interested in buying any of the Richway & Fuji Bio, Inc. products.
New and Returning Clients
Biomat Services & Pricing
- Biomat (30 minutes), $35
- Biomat (60 minutes), $65
- Acupuncture + Biomat (60 minutes), $140
- Energy Medicine + Biomat (60 minutes), $175
Information for Clients
- Visit our Client Page for information on office policies and procedures