Updated July 1, 2020
Calandra Center for Health & Wellness (CCHW) has instituted COVID-19 safety policies and procedures in accordance with guidelines from the Illinois Society of Acupuncturists, the American Society of Acupuncturists, and the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM Advisory April 30, 2020). In addition, we have reviewed current information from the Centers for Disease Control and other healthcare organizations regarding best practices for provision of non-COVID health care at this time. We are also monitoring and adhering to all relevant governmental laws and guidelines for COVID-19, including those in Illinois and Chicago.
We will adapt our policies and procedures as circumstances change. The following is a detailed but not exhaustive list of our current procedures.
General Clinic Procedures
- Limiting services to those that are essential for the health of patients
- Enhanced practices for cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces
- Removal of all unnecessary items from surfaces
- Social distancing practices at all times except as required for treatment
- No one allowed in clinic other than patients and staff
- Perform parts of the visit remotely as much as possible, such as initial intake, scheduling, and payment
Procedures for Patients
- If you feel sick or live with anyone who is sick, please reschedule your appointment. Those who suspect they may have been exposed to the virus should take care to minimize their contact with others, especially if they experience a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness.
- You must complete and submit a Pre-Visit Screening Questionnaire 24 hours before each appointment. Based upon that information, we will decide whether to confirm your appointment, or recommend other action.
- The waiting room will be closed. For the Schaumburg location please come to the door at the start time of your appointment to be admitted. For the Chicago location please wait in the atrium of Dearborn Station with your mask on until your appointment time.
- Non-patient visitors will not be admitted, unless that person is a guardian or necessary healthcare companion who is identified at time of appointment scheduling. Guardian/companion must follow the same screening and safety procedures as patients.
- You must wear your own mask to the appointment. This may be a homemade cloth version. Nose and mouth must be completely covered. A mask with a valve is not permitted. It is required to wear your mask for the entire time in the office.
- Upon arrival, you must wash your hands, using soap, 20 seconds. There are bathrooms available at both locations. A good practice is to keep the faucet running while you wipe your hands. Then use the towel to turn off the faucet and open the door handles.
- Hand sanitizer is available. However, nothing compares to properly washing your hands.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F will not be admitted.
- Appointments will be spaced apart in order to ensure that all surfaces are wiped down in between patients.
- We will not be utilizing the table heaters or sheets. In order to be able to efficiently disinfect everything in between patients we will be using table paper. Don’t worry! You will still have the heat lamp to keep you toasty warm.
Procedures for Staff
- Subject to same screening criteria as patients prior to each workday
- Follow social distancing practices at all times except as required for treatment.
- Wear mask at all times
- Wash hands frequently throughout the day as well as before and after each treatment
- Wear gloves when necessary
- Wipe down all surfaces with increased frequency
- Wear clean clothes into the clinic, no jewelry or accessories
Updated July 1, 2020