Before your visit, please review the Procedures for Patients as outlined in our COVID-19 Safety Measures. You will need to wear your own mask and comply with other requirements outlined there. We’ll let you know whenever these procedures are updated to align with changing conditions.
First Time With Us?
Request your complimentary 15-minute phone consultation.
If you have any questions about your health concerns and what modality or combination of modalities might work best for you, schedule a complimentary 15-minute phone call with us! Come to your first appointment feeling confident in your choice, and with as much understanding as possible about what to expect.
Required Patient Forms
We require all our clients to complete several forms in connection with your first visit, whether for acupuncture, herbal medicine, NAET, or energy medicine (including Reiki).
All of the forms, with the exception of the Women’s Health Questionnaire, are to be submitted electronically using the links in the automated reminder email you receive from our scheduling system prior to your appointment.
For your reference, we have provided downloadable versions of all forms here. If for any reason you are unable to complete the forms electronically, you may download and submit these electronically (scanned or photographed), or, if your appointment is in-person, bring the completed forms with you.
Preparing for Your Visit
Initial & subsequent appointments
All first-time clients will be asked to fill out an intake form and sign a consent form.
Acupuncture and NAET patients
We ask that you to bring in any lab work that you may have to your first acupuncture or NAET treatment.
The data from lab work helps us to track your progress, and can provide tangible evidence to the medical community on the benefits of NAET and acupuncture.
If you have had IgE/ IgG allergy testing done in the past please bring it in with you. If you have not had IgE/IgG blood work done in the past, you will be asked to have it done before your initial visit. Thank you for your understanding!
Procedures for Patients
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated June 22, 2022 | Printer-friendly version
The following is a detailed but not exhaustive list of our current procedures.
General Clinic Procedures
- Enhanced practices for cleaning and disinfecting
- Social distancing practiced except as required for treatment
Procedures for Patients
- If you feel sick, please reschedule your appointment. This applies to any potentially infectious illness, not just COVID-19. No penalty for late cancellation.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us as soon as you know about the exposure and before coming in for your next appointment. Please refer to CDC guidance, which defines exposure and gives recommended precautions to take after being exposed.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to your appointment, please contact us immediately before coming in. Decisions about rescheduling will be based on current CDC and/or local health department guidance.
- Waiting room capacity is limited.
- You must wear a mask to the appointment, even if you are fully vaccinated. Nose and mouth must be completely covered. It is required to wear your mask for the entire time in the office. A mask with a vent or valve is not permitted.
- Hand sanitizer and sinks are available for hand-washing.
- At the beginning of your appointment, you will be asked about symptoms, and whether you have recently had exposure to or tested positive for COVID-19.
Procedures for Staff
- Same screening criteria as patients prior to each workday.
- Social distancing except as required for treatment.
- Wear mask at all times.
- Wash hands frequently throughout the day as well as before and after each treatment.
- Wear gloves when necessary.
- Wipe down surfaces with increased frequency.
Sources and Revision History
These safety policies and procedures have been developed in accordance with guidelines from the Illinois Society of Acupuncturists, the American Society of Acupuncturists, and the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM Advisory April 30, 2020).
In addition, we monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and other healthcare organizations regarding best practices as they evolve over time. We also monitor and adhere to all relevant governmental laws and guidelines for COVID-19, including those in Illinois and Chicago.
Changes made October 26, 2020:
- Inclusion of procedures for community-related exposure to COVID-19
- Inclusion of procedures concerning the Chicago Emergency Travel Order
Changes made May 5, 2021:
- Minor changes to reflect changes in public health guidance.
- Minor changes to improve clarity.
Changes made January 21, 2022:
- Minor changes to reflect changes in public health guidance
Changes made June 22, 2022:
- Elimination of pre-visit screening form.
- Minor changes to other procedures to reflect current CDC and local public health guidance and practices.
- Moving to Schaumburg Full-Time June 6, 2022 New Address 830 E. Higgins Rd. - Unit 116 Schaumburg, IL 60173 Dates to know July 13 - CCHW’s last day in the South Loop seeing patientsJuly 6-13 - Moving Sale! Dear patients, students, friends & colleagues, I am filled with both excitement and sorrow to announce that CCHW is moving full-time to Schaumburg. This… Read More