Before your visit, please review the Procedures for Patients as outlined in our COVID-19 Safety Measures. You will need to wear your own mask and comply with other requirements outlined there. We’ll let you know whenever these procedures are updated to align with changing conditions.
First Time With Us?
Request your complimentary 15-minute phone consultation.
If you have any questions about your health concerns and what modality or combination of modalities might work best for you, schedule a complimentary 15-minute phone call with us! Come to your first appointment feeling confident in your choice, and with as much understanding as possible about what to expect.
Required Patient Forms
We require all our clients to complete several forms in connection with your first visit, whether for acupuncture, herbal medicine, NAET, or energy medicine (including Reiki).
All of the forms, with the exception of the Women’s Health Questionnaire, are to be submitted electronically using the links in the automated reminder email you receive from our scheduling system prior to your appointment.
For your reference, we have provided downloadable versions of all forms here. If for any reason you are unable to complete the forms electronically, you may download and submit these electronically (scanned or photographed), or, if your appointment is in-person, bring the completed forms with you.
* Until further notice, we require all clients to complete the Pre-Visit COVID-19 form prior to every appointment.
- Pre-Visit COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire (PDF)*
- New Patient Intake Form (PDF)
- Consent for Treatment Form (PDF)
- Cancellation Policy (PDF)
Preparing for Your Visit
Initial & subsequent appointments
All first-time clients will be asked to fill out an intake form and sign a consent form.
Acupuncture and NAET patients
We ask that you to bring in any lab work that you may have to your first acupuncture or NAET treatment.
The data from lab work helps us to track your progress, and can provide tangible evidence to the medical community on the benefits of NAET and acupuncture.
If you have had IgE/ IgG allergy testing done in the past please bring it in with you. If you have not had IgE/IgG blood work done in the past, you will be asked to have it done before your initial visit. Thank you for your understanding!
Procedures for Patients
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Updated May 5, 2021 | Printer-friendly version
Our existing safety procedures mostly remain the same. Some of our clients have immune system impairments which put them at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19 and in certain cases render vaccinations ineffective. Thank you in advance for helping us minimize the risks for everyone.
We will continue to adapt our policies and procedures as circumstances change. The following is a detailed but not exhaustive list of our current procedures.
Changes made October 26, 2020:
- Inclusion of procedures for community-related exposure to COVID-19
- Inclusion of procedures concerning the Chicago Emergency Travel Order
Changes made May 5, 2021:
- Minor changes to reflect changes in public health guidance.
- Minor changes to improve clarity.
General Clinic Procedures
- Enhanced practices for cleaning and disinfecting
- Social distancing practiced except as required for treatment
Procedures for Patients
- If you feel sick, please reschedule your appointment. This applies to any potentially infectious illness, not just COVID-19. No penalty for late cancellation.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us as soon as you know about the exposure and before coming in for your next appointment. Please refer to CDC guidance which defines exposure and gives recommended precautions to take after being exposed.
- We ask you to comply with the Chicago Emergency Travel Order, which directs travelers entering or returning to Chicago from states experiencing a surge in new COVID-19 cases to follow certain procedures.
- You must complete and submit a Pre-Visit Screening Questionnaire 24 hours before each appointment. Based upon that information, we will decide whether to confirm your appointment or recommend other action.
- Waiting room capacity will be limited. For Schaumburg, doors will be unlocked at your appointment time. For the Chicago location up to three people may be accommodated in the waiting room.
- You must wear a mask to the appointment, even if you are fully vaccinated. Nose and mouth must be completely covered. It is required to wear your mask for the entire time in the office. A mask with a valve is not permitted.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 F will not be admitted.
- Upon arrival, please wash your hands, using soap, 20 seconds. There are bathrooms available at both locations. Hand sanitizer is also available. However, nothing compares to properly washing your hands.
Procedures for Staff
- Same screening criteria as patients prior to each workday.
- Social distancing at all times except as required for treatment.
- Wear mask at all times.
- Wash hands frequently throughout the day as well as before and after each treatment.
- Wear gloves when necessary.
- Wipe down surfaces with increased frequency.
These safety policies and procedures have been developed in accordance with guidelines from the Illinois Society of Acupuncturists, the American Society of Acupuncturists, and the Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM Advisory April 30, 2020).
In addition, we monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and other healthcare organizations regarding best practices as they evolve over time. We also monitor and adhere to all relevant governmental laws and guidelines for COVID-19, including those in Illinois and Chicago.
- Join Our Wellness Team! June 11, 2021 Are you a practitioner looking for a rental space to see your clients in Chicago? Do you appreciate the value of a supportive and collaborative community for healing? Would you like to work in a serene and welcoming practice environment? If yes, read on! Calandra Center for Health & Wellness is located in Dearborn Station,… Read More