Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques (NAET®) is a system for mitigating allergies ranging from mild sensitivity to severe, debilitating reactions.
NAET® is a non-invasive, drug-free therapy that integrates techniques for energy balancing, testing, and treatment from multiple healing modalities. Modalities used in NAET include: Acupuncture and/or acupressure, allopathy, chiropractic techniques, applied kinesiology, homeopathy, and nutrition.
Dr. Devi Nambudripad, the developer of NAET, theorizes that virtually all disease, ill health, and even developmental disorders such as autism, are caused when the electromagnetic signature from exposure to one or more substances—food, chemicals, hormones, proteins, other substances—disrupts energy flow within the body.
How is the NAET® system used to treat allergies?
One allergen is treated at a time. If you are not severely immune deficient nor highly allergic, you may need just one treatment to desensitize one allergen. A person with mild to moderate allergies may take about 15-20 office visits to desensitize 15-20 food and environmental allergens.
Seventeen basic allergens – substances commonly found in foods and the environment – are treated during the first few visits, laying the foundation for subsequent treatments identifying and addressing additional allergens.
How can NAET® treatments benefit me?
NAET® uses a holistic approach that aims to treat the underlying causes of illness, not just symptoms. In addition to alleviating adverse reactions to a variety of substances, NAET can work well for those with chronic illnesses, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which may or may not involve known allergies. Conditions that NAET® (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques) has been shown to help include, but are not limited to:
- digestive disorders
- women’s health & fertility
- thyroid disorders
- chronic pain
- skin disorders.
What allergies and sensitivities can NAET® therapy treat?
NAET can alleviate many types of adverse reactions. This is a partial list of the kinds of allergies and sensitivities NAET can alleviate:
- Foods such as eggs, peanuts, penicillin, mushrooms, shellfish, oils, tree nuts, meats, and food chemicals
- Medications, including penicillin, aspirin, and immunizations
- Inhalants such as cigarette smoke, aerosolized chemicals (like cleaning products, perfume), animal dander, pollen, and air pollution
- Hormones (natural and synthetic), such as thyroid, cortisol, estrogen, and testosterone.
- Pathogens, which may be viral, bacterial, fungal, or parasitic
- Other sensitivities such as temperatures, fabrics, and ingredients in personal care products like makeup and shampoo
NAET Treatment: What to Expect
Required lab work
If you have had IgE/IgG allergy testing done in the past, please bring a printout of the results with you on your first visit. If you have never had IgE/IgG testing, plan to get it done before your first visit.
- These tests can be obtained through your allergist or primary care physician.
- Ask for an IgE or IgG blood-work panel for common food allergens (egg white, egg yolk, chicken, peanut, tree nut, grains, and so forth).
- If possible, avoid Antigen Leukocyte Antibody tests (ALCATs). Although helpful, they do not numerically quanitfy how reactive you are to a specific item like the IgE/IgG tests do.
- If you cannot obtain the IgE or IgG bloodwork through your healthcare provider, Arc Point Labs – Schaumburg offers a 90 count IgE food allergy panel through Spectrum Labs that works well for our needs. You do not need a doctor’s referral, but the cost is out of pocket.
Typical NAET session
Your NAET treatment path will be based on your medical history, the current reasons for your visit, and your most recent allergy blood testing. During your visit, your sensitivities will be gauged using applied kinesiology, or “muscle testing.” Once the “item of the day” has been determined we activate specific acupressure points on your back and on your arms and legs. You’ll spend the last 15-20 minutes of each session relaxing on a heated massage table while acupuncture needles do their work. If you prefer, acupressure can be used in place of acupuncture. After the visit, you will need to avoid the sensitivity for 25 + hours while the body “resets itself.”
For New and Returning Clients
We require new NAET clients to schedule a complimentary phone consultation before their first appointment. This 15-minute consult gives you the opportunity to discuss your health concerns and learn how your practitioner will work with you to resolve them. You’ll arrive at your first appointment with your questions answered and a clear idea of what to expect, ready to focus on healing.
Your First Appointment
As mentioned above, we require new NAET patients to bring in recent allergy blood work to the first appointment. There will be a thorough intake followed by your first treatment.
NAET Services & Pricing
- *New Patient NAET (90 minutes) – $250
- Subsequent NAET ( 60 minutes) – $105
- **Virtual NAET (30-minute telemedicine consult, plus email follow-up with coaching) – $65
* New Patient fee does not include the cost of NAET Guidebook.
** Virtual consults are for existing non-anaphylactic NAET patients.
Information for Clients
- Visit our Client Page for information on office policies and procedures