- M.S.T.O.M.: Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (now known as Pacific College of Health Science)
- Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM)®: Diplomate in Acupuncture, The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- B.A.: Bachelor of Arts, University of Iowa
- L.Ac.: Licensed Acupuncturist (Illinois)
- LMT: Licensed Massage Therapist (Illinois)
- NAET Practitioner
- RMT: Reiki Master Teacher
- Lebowitz Protocol
- Bars Practitioner
Areas of Special Interest
- Chronic Pain & Inflammation
- Musculoskeletal Dysfunctions
- Gynecological Disorders
- Menopausal Syndrome
- Respiratory Disorders
- Digestive Disorders
- Thyroid Disorders
- It's All About That Ki: Reiki, Acupuncture Today, August 2018
- Natural Alternatives for the Treatment of Allergies, Natural Awakenings, July 2016
- Alternative Ways of Treating Long-Term Effects of COVID-19, Natural Awakenings, January 2021
About Teri Calandra
Teri graduated with a BA in Dance from the University of Iowa, and danced for over 20 years before finally setting aside her pointe shoes to further her education. Having endured numerous musculoskeletal injuries, and allergies her whole life, it seemed only natural to her to go into Acupuncture as her chosen profession. She is able to empathize with her patients, and she works hard to help them overcome their ailments as quickly as possible. Teri’s philosophy is that it is important to work with all medical modalities in order to offer the greatest care to the patient. Where one medicine leaves off, another picks up.
Teri began to study energy medicine as part of her own personal development journey and she continues to learn and integrate that knowledge into her practice. Teri’s extensive experience and senior certification as an NAET practitioner are what set her apart from other acupuncturists or alternative health practitioners in Chicagoland.
Education and Training
Teri graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago, IL with her Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture, and herbology. In 2005, she earned her degree in massage therapy from American Institute of Alternative Medicine – Columbus, Ohio. She specializes in Tui Na (Chinese Medical Massage that uses acupressure).
Teri is licensed by the state of Illinois in acupuncture (L.Ac.), and is board certified through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) as a Diplomate in Acupuncture.
She has been practicing energy medicine since 2011 in an effort to better understand her gifts and self-healing. Her journey started with studying the Akashic Records with Christina Cross. She became Reiki Master certified for the Usui Shiki Ryoho lineage in 2013, and the Usui Reiki Ryoho lineage in 2017 (as taught by Frans Stiene.) She currently teaches only the Usui Reiki Ryoho lineage. In August 2018, she authored an article for Acupuncture Today, “It’s All About That Ki“.
Teri is trained in Access Consciousness Bars and various other energy healing modalities.